Resources for Professionals at The Nurture Center
The Nurture Center offers resources for birth,
breastfeeding and parenting professionals.
We make local professionals serving our community known to our members, subscribers and customers through a variety of means:
- Through our quarterly newsletter, which is distributed to 1,800 local parents and parenting professionals. See Advertising Information for rates and deadlines for our quarterly newsletter. We also accept and publish relevant articles by local professionals.
- Professional listings for midwives, OB/GYNs, doulas, lactation professionals, pediatricians, and child care providers. Listings are free to members, or $20/year for nonmembers ($10/year for doulas, free for child care providers). To request a listing form, call the Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A bulletin board and resource book for information on local events and professional services, which are open to advertisers and members of The Nurture Center.
- An annual Birth and Baby Fair, to allow providers of pregnancy, birth and baby products and services to connect with new parents (and vice versa!)
- Professional members of the Center are also acknowledged in our quarterly newsletter and on our website. How to Become a Member.
The Nurture Center offers space for professionals to meet with individual clients or groups.
The Center has a homey, comfortable group meeting space which is available for small groups to meet or for individual consultations. This space is available to professionals serving expectant or new parents in a variety of fields: lactation, group and individual counseling, nutrition, infant massage instruction, and birth and parenting education, for example. Since June, 2004, we have a larger meeting space, which is available for lectures, group meetings, or classes relevant to parents.
For professionals seeing clients
at the Center, we offer reasonable
space usage rates, an inviting atmosphere and a good location and parking.
We are also happy to stock products and books you recommend to your
clients, so they can obtain them conveniently.